The new web block is called a "code box" and it does pretty much what it sounds like it would do. It gives you a little box that you can dump whatever code you want into and it will run securely on your pages. You can now easily embed just about any third party widget that you want, or even add some custom html tables. The input box even has syntax highlighting and allows for the "tab" character so it will work like it's own mini code editor.
And if all that wasn't enough I also made a ton of improvements to the interface, added some other new features, and fixed a lot of little bugs. Here's a quick list of most of the improvements that were made:
- Custom code box added!
- Imroved interface for adding web blocks
- Added descriptions for web blocks so you know what they do
- Images with effects or frames added will now display as images instead of flash files so that pages will load faster and be more compatible with mobile browsers
- The blog posts block that displays your latest blog posts can now be filtered to only show updates from certain categories
- The folders in the page list menu are now collapsible
- Improved menus for web blocks
- Headings can now be centered and aligned to the right
- Improved image uploading
- Fixed several smaller bugs that would lock up the editor
I hope you guys enjoy this one. As with any big update there might be a few issues that pop up here or there, so be sure to let us know about any you find as soon as possible. We've got even more big updates on the way as well so keep sending us your suggestions. Other then that, happy coding!