BLOG
Huge performance boost
by Steve Testone on February 26th, 2010

As I've mentioned recently we are on a mission to optimize and increase stability of all our apps and today you should start to see some of the fruits of this. I'm no where near done going through and updating everything, however I stumbled upon a huge issue that I think could behind many of the problems users have been having with the page editor locking up on them, so I decided to fix that one and get it up ASAP.

As I've(and others) have suspected it was an issue with too much memory being required by the flash player and I couldn't really figure out what was causing this because nothing should be taking up that much memory, and on top of that I could never replicate the issue so that makes it hard to fix because it's sort of like shooting in the dark.

Thankfully with your help and feedback I've been able to determine that the spell checking that we added back in October was the culprit. You wouldn't really notice a problem until you added a lot of plain text blocks, then things start to really slow down. This is one of the reasons I didn't notice it because the text blocks should not be causing any memory issues because there isn't much to them. So to make a long story short, I've temporarily removed the spell check feature until we can ensure that it doesn't cause any further issues and everyone should see a huge boost in performance when they are editing their pages or blogs!

Thanks again to all of you who helped me get to the bottom of this one!


Posted in Announcements    Tagged with no tags


1 Comments

Emil Hubschman - March 1st, 2010 at 10:48 AM
I would strongly suggest you prepare a User's Manual and provide better tech support.


Leave a Comment


Categories
Tips (6)
Updates (45)
Archive
2014 (3)
2013 (7)
2012 (12)
2011 (21)
2010 (35)
January (2)
February (5)
March (7)
April (1)
May (2)
July (3)
August (3)
September (4)
October (2)
November (2)
December (4)
2009 (22)